Creating a New Account or Signing In to Knowledge Network's Roku app now requires users to input their email and password.
When you install the Knowledge Network Roku app, you will be presented with the following screen:
Step 1: Click the "Get Started" button.
Step 2: You will then be presented with a screen that will enable you to Create a New Account or Sign In.
Creating a New Account
You are able to create a new account by using the email address that you used to sign up with the Roku device (your Roku account).
All Roku users have a Roku account.
You do not need to remember which email you used for your Roku Account; the device saves it for you.
- When you want to create a new account, you will see a prompt asking you if you are okay with Roku sharing your email address with Knowledge Network.
Step 3: If you accept the prompt, you will then see a screen that shows the email address you've created your new account with, and asks you to select a password.
- Click the password field to open a keyboard input screen and type in your password. The password must be at least 6 characters long.
- Once you input a password, click "Next" on the screen.
Step 4: You will then see another screen asking you to select up to four different e-newsletter options.
- You can then click "Submit".
- If the sign-up was successful, you will see a welcome message and a button that will take you back to the home screen - now signed in with a new account.
Existing account Sign in
- There are two ways to sign in to Roku with existing accounts using email and password.
1. Using your Roku account - You can choose to sign in with the same email you used to register for Roku. This email will be displayed to you on screens so that you can confirm you're using the right email address.
2. Using a different email address - You can also choose to sign in with an email address that you have but isn't linked to the Roku in any way.
- If you click 'Use a different email', you will see a keyboard screen where you can input the email address that you want to use. Press 'Next, enter password' to continue.
- This step is skipped if you press 'Continue' instead, as that will pre-populate the sign-in form with your Roku account email address.
- Another screen will show up asking you to type in your password. After typing it in click 'Sign in'.
- If the email address and password are correct, you will be signed in and redirected to the Knowledge app home page. There is no confirmation message, but you will no longer see a 'Sign in' message in the home page.