We track and monitor certain data to ensure that our viewers are receiving the best experience possible for watching programs on knowledge.ca and our Knowledge app. We understand that privacy is always a concern when it comes to using the Internet. As British Columbia's public broadcaster, we want to be transparent and open about the information we collect and why we collect it.
Here is a list of what we collect on our website and why:
- Your online viewing history. We use this information to recommend similar programs to you.
- The time that you log-in. We use this information to keep you updated on the latest programs, contests and alerts, etc.
- Which program message(s) you respond to. We use this information to determine future messages that you may receive.
- Signing up for the e-Newsletter. We use this information to keep sending you the latest edition.
- When you sign-up for a TV Reminder. We use this information to alert you that your program is coming up.
- Your video progress for any program that you watch. We use this information to keep your current progress and enable you to resume watching at a later time.
- Your communication with us using the contact form. We use this information to determine how many unique users may be experiencing a similar issue as you.
All personal user data collected will stay remain (securely) protected by Knowledge Network and will not be sold to any third-party organizations. The only data shared with third parties is unidentifiable user behaviour, which are used for analytics and metrics.